Chicken soup with lentils
In many countries, red lentils are considered a symbol of good luck, prosperity and wealth, so dishes from it often appear on the festive table. This legume is not very popular with us, but in vain! After all, lentils are healthy and very tasty, and cook much faster than all other legumes. Chicken soup with lentils, especially red lentils, is a great option. Without pre-soaking, red lentils boil soft in just 10 minutes.
We will cook not a stew, but a very rich chicken soup with lentils in a clear and fragrant chicken broth. We hope that you will like it so much that it will become not only an everyday dish, but also a festive dish. After all, when a large-scale feast is planned, it rarely goes without a first course.
Ingredients for Chicken Lentil Soup
- 🌽 Chicken - 1.5 kg.
- 🌽 Onion
- 🌽 Refined sunflower oil - 2 tbsp. l.
- 🌽 Carrots - 2 pcs.
- 🌽 Ground black pepper - a pinch
- 🌽 Salt - a pinch
- 🌽 Red lentils - 200 g.
How to make Chicken Lentil Soup
- 🌽Wash the chicken, cut into pieces and boil in lightly salted water until tender This will take about an hour.
- 🌽 5 minutes before cooking the chicken, throw the washed lentils into boiling water - cook over low heat for 5-7 minutes.
- 🌽 Peel and wash the vegetables, then finely chop the onion and rub the carrots on a coarse grater.
- 🌽Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan and fry the onion and carrot until golden brown.
- 🌽Then add the cooked frying and cook until the lentils are cooked for 5-7 minutes (the lentils should become soft).
- 🌽Add salt and black pepper to taste and let the soup brew for 10 minutes.
- 🌽Sprinkle chicken soup with lentils with parsley and serve!