Cottage cheese casserole with apples
The main secret of this apple casserole is the pre-prepared semolina. Ready cottage cheese casserole with apples is very tender and just melts in your mouth, apples give it juiciness. Serve the casserole with milk, tea, or your favorite compote.
Ingredients for cottage cheese casserole with apples
- 🍌 Cottage cheese - 500 g.
- 🍌 Sugar 100 g.
- 🍌Salt - on the tip of a knife
- 🍌Soda - 0.5 tsp.
- 🍌Semolina - 0.5 cup
- 🍌 Eggs - 2 pcs.
- 🍌 Vanilla sugar - 1 sachet
- 🍌 Sour cream - 1 tsp.
- 🍌Apples - 3 pcs.
- 🍌Lemon Juice
- 🍌 Lemon zest - optional
- 🍌 Butter - grease the mold
How to cook cottage cheese casserole with apples
- 🍌 The cereal must first be poured with warm, but not hot water, and left to swell for at least 2 hours. The water level should be about 1 centimeter above the level of the semolina.
- 🍌Peel apples, cut into 2-4 parts, remove the middle and cut into thin slices.
- With a mixer, grind white yolks with sugar, lemon zest and vanilla sugar. Add cottage cheese, semolina, baking powder and knead the dough well.
- 🍌 Beat cold proteins, salt and a small amount of lemon juice into a thick foam and gently combine with the curd mass.
- 🍌 Lubricate the baking dish with butter, sprinkle with dry semolina or breadcrumbs.
- 🍌 Put half of the prepared dough into the mold, smooth it.
- 🍌 Put apples around on top, then decorate the rest of the curd mass and the top of the casserole, if desired, decorate with apples.
- 🍌 Bake the casserole in an oven preheated to 180 - 200 ° C. 20 minutes after the start of baking, when the casserole has already set, remove the form from the oven and grease the top of the casserole with sour cream.
- 🍌 Return to the oven and bake until fully cooked for another 20 - 30 minutes.
Brushing the top of the casserole with sour cream prevents crusting and gives the casserole a beautiful golden color.
- Sprinkle the finished casserole with powdered sugar.